Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Just when I thought life couldn't get any more awkward

I may be leaning on the line of was is and isn't acceptable to blog about.  I'll walk delicately.

I had a doctor's appointment a couple weeks ago.  I lady bits type of appointment.  It was just a annual check up.  It was with a doc who came highly recommended and wasn't that far from my house.

I took a morning off from work to go.  Got to the office on time and after filling out paperwork, sat down with an old people magazine. As I flipped through, someone left the offices and entered the waiting room.  It was the mother of one of my ex boyfriends.

He and I had dated when I was about 17.  We met at community college (where I completed all my classes the last two years of high school). We decided to keep dating while I went away to university, at which time he decided to cheat on me.  As you might imagine, my 18 year old self took it pretty badly.  It is a moment I think back to and realize it changed my plans.  There have been many of those.  He went on to marry the girl he cheated on my with, and last I heard they were living in South Dakota.  Whew, dodged a bullet there!

His mom recognized me immediately and asked what I was up to, how I'd been, yadda, yadda.  I was happy that I was all dressed up for work, looking great, which she said.  I made sure to say I'd been living in other countries, etc. Her response was "Wow!  You should totally call ****, he'd love to hear from you".

Right lady, like I care about him any more.  Like I have his number.  Like I would waste my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment