Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Date Fail #2 - Unlucky lephrechaun

I met "Patty" at an Irish Bar on St. Patrick's Day.  I was out with my friend Amber, having a blast and met him in the bar.  After chatting for a few minutes, he asked for my number, which I gave him, and then I drifted back to my group.  Lo and behold, he actually caleld before the night was out. He called the next night as well.  Patty definitely earned some brownie points for calling, not just texting.  After a week and a half of texting we set a date and met for drinks and dinner.  Things went well.  We agreed there should be a second date, which there was.  The second date was a movie at his place.  Afterwards we fell asleep on the sofa.
It was either shortly after the second date that Patty got lazy.  He'd text late at night, after having dinner with his friends, and ask me to come over. He didn't want to meet out anywhere, only at his place.  <EYE ROLL> Less than a month in and he'd on auto pilot.  I insisted that the next time I saw him it would be out.  He wanted to see me Saturday but ended up working 12 hours that day.  I gave him and out but he insisted.  Bad idea.  He was beat and less than entertaining.  A quick bite and he wanted to head home.  I let him go, alone. 

He said he'd call.  He didn't.  I didn't care.  The strange part was that about four weeks later I got a text message. "Hey, how's the new job?  I hope you're good".  I had to write back asking who it was.  He replied "Wow, it's Patty.  Forgot me already?"  My hint was obvious enough even he got it when I replied "Oh, It's been a while so I didn't figure I'd heard from you. . . How are you?"  

That was the end of Patty.

No comments:

Post a Comment