I left Jakarta. Its been an interesting year. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I can't complain (not that it does any good anyway). In the last year I:
- made a few great friends and some good ones too,
- completed two mud run, obstacle courses,
- went snowshoeing, hiking, kayaking,
- took over the house after mom moved,
- visited California, Oregon, Montana and Eastern Washington,
- worked the majority of the year in a new field where I learned and excelled,
- went to two music festivals and several other shows
- dated and more specifically, I started dating one particular person,
- started on the path to being a healthier, happier me physically, mentally and emotionally.
There are a few things that I miss about Jakarta. Mostly the people. It's very hard to stay in touch with people half the world and fifteen hours time difference away. I occasionally miss having a maid but I've managed to get back in the routine of doing my dishes and vacuuming without any tears. I rarely tire of driving instead of taxiing around. I do hate the cost of the car (insurance, gas, maintenance), but other than after nights of drinking, don't miss taxis much. I definitely don't miss the lack of outdoor opportunities. About once a month I get a real hankering for warung friend rice or satay. Other than missing my friends, I miss how far money goes there including traveling for weeks at a time to amazing places.
As you can tell if you've read many of my blog posts, I'm a list maker. I constantly have to do lists, shopping lists, follow up on lists, etc. I didn't exactly make New Years resolutions but I've got a few lists.
I want to complete:
- 2 or more scuba trips
- 2 or more camp trips
- 3 or more live music shows
- 3 or more trips to other states (first one at the end of this month!!)
- 4 or more mud runs
- 5 or more kayak outtings
- 8 or more hikes
We (the guy I'm dating and I) also have a to do list. I'm really excited about it to be honest. It includes things that are touristy Seattle things, some more generic/routine things, some specific to us things. Not only have I met someone who indulges my list making, but also wanting to make a list with me. It's maybe the best list yet.