Monday, March 05, 2012

Hiatus Ended

I'm back! Back home even, though "home" means lots of things. I"m back in Seattle.  I'm sorry I've been away so long.  The last two months in Asia were very busy ones.  I'll be blogging about Thailand, Bali/Gilis and a Jakarta wrap up this week. Shortly after returning to Seattle I was on a plane again.  Off to Puerto Rico for a wedding. Hence the long delay in this blog.
I'm trying to get in a groove again.  It's a big change coming back. There's snow in the forecast for today and tomorrow. I'm wearing long underwear everyday.  I've got knit hats, gloves, scarves and I'm still usually cold. I'm waiting for interviews so I don't have a routine at all. I'm keeping very busy despite not working.  There's lots to be done around the house: painting, organizing, repairs. I'm happy to be a help to my mom. I've been away for so long it feels good to see her and my sister more regularly. I'm trying to take advantage of being back in Seattle in lots of ways.  I've joined several meetup groups.  They are activity or interest based ways to meet new people.  Concert goers, hiking, happy hours, and snowshoeing are a few of mine.  I went to my first meet up last week and have two more this week-hiking and biking. Outdoor activities were virtually impossible in Jakarta.  Now I can do heaps of things. As the weather gets better there will be camping, water sports, etc.  Woooo Hooooo. I almost forgot what it's like to live in a city where the air is transparent and fresh, not gray and polluted.
I'm also having a big adjustment in my social life.  As I said, I'm trying to get out and meet some new people.  I've only got about three people I still know here.  In Jakarta I had a great group of girls who I saw all the time. There was always someone around for a salon days, dining, drinking, etc, etc, ETC! Now there's no one.  Sigh.  I know there will be people, there just aren't any yet.  Baby steps right?
Thailand part one tomorrow.  Now, off to pack comforters, change sheets and make a drop at goodwill.
Hasta mañana.

No comments:

Post a Comment