Monday, November 22, 2010

Electrical vortex; or the terrible horrible no good very bad day

"I went to bed with gum in my mouth and now there's gum in my hair".  That's the opening line to a book called Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst.  As a child my mom would read a book to my sister and I most nights at bedtime.  This became a standard especially when either of us were having that kind of day.  Now, twenty some years later, I still use that line to describe my day and my mom knows it was a rougher-than-usual one. He is the only of the three brothers who doesn't get a toy in his cereal box, has cavities at the dentist and doesn't get the color shoes he wants. His best friend leaves, he accidentally causes a mess and life is a wreck. *SIGH* I might trade for those problems.
courtesy of
 Sometimes terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days run together.  I seem to have had one (or one +) lately.  On Sunday night I arrived home from dinner and plugged everything in to charge-my ipod, my phone, my other phone, my laptop. I hopped in for a quick and COLD shower.  When I got out my phone screen was all white.  I couldn't revive it by removing the battery.  It lived at the repair shop last night. They'd said they could fix it in an hour. They told me it would be today after I'd waited around for an hour.
Hopefully it's not this bad but I've got my fingers crossed. Courtesy of
My ipod has refused to charge for 3 days. The battery has just hit the red level critical stage.  A co-worker said I may be able to trade it in at a local mall.  There isn't a place to have the battery replaced in Indonesia. This place will supposedly take it in, mail it to Singapore and I'll get a new one all for about 800,000 RP ($90). In the meantime the ojek rides will feel very long.  Did I get magnetized overnight?  My electronics all died about the same time. This is not the first time this has happened, don't even ask about my track record with laptops or external hard drives.
Whaaa happened?  courtesy of
 Last night after the phone debacle, I headed home and hopped in the shower.  Mid shower, with shampoo in hair and soap on body, the water stopped.  Just ran out. After waiting three or four minutes I was able to rinse off in cold water.
courtesy of

I checked out Thanksgiving dinners online a couple weeks ago.  I wanted turkey in Indonesia.  I found the American Club was hosting dinner.  On their website it said Friday at 6pm.  I just called and it's Thursday at 6pm.  Now I have to scramble to see if people are still interested and all without the aid of my phone.

I'm waiting to hear from someone who isn't calling.  I've missed an opportunity for a job, and it's end of the school year stress at the one I have.  After being told by random people that I look slimmer/fitter, I was told point blank to my face last night that I've put on weight. Lose crowns, massive bug bite (I'm guessing a spider but really unsure)I feel I'm missing something I was moaning about yesterday.

Sometimes a rant is necessary. Thanks and apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment