- Don't turn the TV on or you'll get sucked into some inane show you don't really want to be watching anyway.
- Don't sleep sitting up. I know people do, but that's a sure way to wake up with a crick in your neck. Get comfy. Don't share nap space.
- Snack after your nap is a must if you have to go be functional.
- Find a way to remember it's night even though its only 6pm but its dark out. I usually leave something on the table that wouldn't be there for the morning.
- No more than one beer/drink before or you won't get up.
- Specific for naps in tropical countries: pants off, AC on!
- Give in. If you wake up still tired and you don't have to go somewhere, then stay and sleep some more.
|I don't care what they say, this is not how to nap. She had a coffee, neither of them look comfortable and they'll wake up more tired than when they went to sleep.|
Friday is also a great day to nap though I haven't managed it much lately. If I know I'm going out drinking and dancing with the girls then a nap from say 4:15-5:30 or 6 will help keep me up and going without the aid of Extra Joss (think red bull but in a powder that effervesces and tastes better).